Medicare Supplement Plan N is one of the top three most popular Medicare supplement plans. Although Plans F and G are the most popular options, plan N most likely takes 3rd place for the plan that offers the most coverage. As you may know, Plan F covers the most and has the most expensive monthly premiums out of these three plans. Plan G has less expensive premiums but does not cover the Part B deductible. Plan N is the least expensive of the three, but does not cover Part B deductible or co-payments for doctors and emergency room visits.
Plan N was introduced in June 2010. It is a relatively new Medicare supplement plan compared to the rest. It was popular almost immediately because it has low monthly premiums while still offering quite a bit of coverage. Plan N covers everything that Part F and G cover except for: Part B deductible, Part B excess charges, and co-payments of $20 per doctor visit and $50 per emergency room visit. Doctors rarely charge excess charges, and you can ask your primary physician if they charge or not. Aside from the Part B deductible and co-pays, Plan N can potentially save you up to 25% on your monthly premiums.
Medigap Plan N Coverage
- Medicare Part A Coinsurance & Hospital Costs – COVERED
- Medicare Part B Coinsurance and Copayment except $20 for some office visits & $50 for E.R. visits – COVERED
- Blood (First 3 Pints) – COVERED
- Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment – COVERED
- Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance – COVERED
- Medicare Part A Deductible – COVERED
- Medicare Part B Deductible – NOT covered
- Medicare Part B Excess Charges – NOT covered
- Foreign Travel Emergency (up to plan limits) – COVERED