Once you join Medicare, it is important that you always understand your Medicare benefits, including your claims, eligibility, enrollment information, and more. However, this is much easier said than done. Medicare is full of benefits and coverage options that can certainly be overwhelming to new Medicare beneficiaries.
Any easy way to access your coverage information is to create an account on MyMedicare.gov.
Registering with MyMedicare.gov gives you access to your personalized information at any time. It allows you to:
- Access your Medicare information, such as your Medicare claims and other important Medicare-related information specific to you.
- Find your eligibility and preventive service information.
- Check information for your health and prescription drug enrollment.
- View your Part B deductible information.
- Manage your prescription drug list and other personal health information.
- Create an “On the Go Report” that allows you to print your health information to share with your healthcare providers.
Registering for MyMedicare.gov
You can register for MyMedicare.gov by following this easy, step-by-step process.
Medicare uses the same information that the Social Security Administration has on file for you to verify your information and set up your online account. To register online, you’ll:
- Enter your Medicare number (as it appears on your old Medicare card). If your Medicare number begins with a letter, select the checkbox for Railroad Retirement Beneficiary on the Registration page.
- Register with the same address that Social Security has on file for you to protect your personal information. As part of your registration, you’ll be required to validate your address. This is an important part of the process, because Medicare may send you mail at this address that contains personal account information.
- Create a username and password that you can remember and use to sign into MyMedicare.gov.
- Provide information to reset your username or password in the event that you may forget it in the future.
Once you have completed your online registration, you will be able to sign in to MyMedicare.gov to start using the site and access your information. Medicare will then mail you a confirmation letter and send a confirmation email (if an email address was provided).
After following the steps above, you’ll be all set to begin using your MyMedicare.gov to access your personal Medicare information at any time.