Medicare Supplement Plan G is the most popular Medicare supplement plans because it offers the second most coverage out of all the supplement plans. Medigap Plan G covers everything that the Plan F does (the most comprehensive plan) except for the Part B deductible. Medicare supplement insurance Plan G can also be a less expensive alternative to Plan F.
Of course, the price of Plan G depends on your current health conditions, age, gender, and which company you purchase your Medigap insurance with. Since it is one of the more popular Medicare supplement plans, it can sometimes be more affordable because the monthly premium tends to be less expensive. When there are more people enrolled in a particular Medicare supplement plan with a particular company, premiums tend to decrease.
Medigap Plan G Coverage
Medicare Supplemental Plan G covers the following Medicare expenses:
- Medicare Part A Coinsurance & Hospital Costs –
- Medicare Part B Coinsurance and Copayment except $20 for some office visits & $50 for E.R. visits –
- Blood (First 3 Pints) –
- Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment –
- Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance –
- Medicare Part A Deductible –
- Medicare Part B Deductible –
- Medicare Part B Excess Charges –
- Foreign Travel Emergency (up to plan limits) –
What Medigap Plan N Does NOT Cover
Plan N does not cover the Medicare Part B Deductible.