Medicare supplement insurance plan N is one of the more popular Medicare supplement plans. Although Plan F and Plan G are the most popular options, plan N is 3rd place in popularity for the plans that offer the most coverage. As you may know, Plan F covers the most and has the most expensive monthly premiums out of these three plans. Plan G has less expensive premiums but does not cover the Part B deductible. Plan N is usually the least expensive of the three, but it does not cover the Part B deductible or co-payments for doctors and emergency room visits.
Plan N was introduced in June 2010. It is a relatively new Medicare supplement plan compared to the rest. It was popular almost immediately because it has low monthly premiums while still offering quite a bit of coverage. Plan N covers everything that Part F and G cover except for: Part B deductible, Part B excess charges, and includes co-payments of $20 per doctor visit and $50 per emergency room visit. Doctors rarely charge excess charges, and you can ask your primary physician if they charge or not. Aside from the Part B deductible and co-pays, Plan N can potentially save you up to 25% on your monthly premiums.
So, let’s review Plan N coverage:
- Medicare Part A Coinsurance & Hospital Costs –
- Medicare Part B Coinsurance and Copayment except $20 for some office visits & $50 for E.R. visits –
- Blood (First 3 Pints) –
- Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment –
- Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance –
- Medicare Part A Deductible –
- Medicare Part B Deductible –
- Medicare Part B Excess Charges –
- Foreign Travel Emergency (up to plan limits) –
To learn what Plan N will cost you, call GoMedigap at 866-894-3258 or enter your zip code in the free quote form on this page.