Medicare Supplement Plan K tends to have lower premiums because it does not offer extensive coverage for many healthcare expenses. Medicare Supplement Plan K provides the following coverage:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment (50%)
- Blood – first 3 pints (50%)
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment (50%)
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance (50%)
- Medicare Part A deductible (50%)
What Medicare Supplement Plan K Does NOT Cover
Medicare Supplement Plan K does not cover the Medicare Part B Deductible, Part B excess charges, or foreign travel emergencies.
Nothing on this website should ever be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult with your medical provider regarding diagnosis or treatment for a health condition, including decisions about the correct medication for your condition, as well as prior to undertaking any specific exercise or dietary routine.