Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan D is often referred to as the “middle plan” in terms of coverage. Medigap Plan D is not the most comprehensive Medicare supplement plan, but it offers a good amount of coverage and the monthly premiums for Plan D are usually less expensive.
Medicare Supplement Plan D is often confused with Medicare Part D even though they are very different. Medicare Supplement Plan D is a Medicare supplement plan that private insurers offer to cover the gaps in your basic Medicare coverage. Unlike Medicare Part D, Medicare Supplement Plan D is not a prescription drug plan and will not cover prescription drug costs.
Medigap Plan D Coverage
Medicare Supplemental Plan D covers the following Medicare expenses:
- Medicare Part A Coinsurance & Hospital Costs –
- Medicare Part B Coinsurance and Copayment –
- Blood (First 3 Pints) –
- Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment –
- Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance –
- Medicare Part A Deductible –
- Medicare Part B Deductible –
- Medicare Part B Excess Charges –
- Foreign Travel Emergency – 80%
What Medigap Plan D Does NOT Cover
Medicare Supplemental Plan D does NOT cover the Medicare Part B Deductible and Excess Charges. Plan D covers Foreigns Travel Emergency up to 80%.
For more information on the coverage and prices for Medigap Plan D, call GoMedigap to speak with a Medicare supplement agent at (800) 310-2550.