Thank you for your interest in eHealthInsurance Services, Inc.
and operated by eHealthInsurance, and our other websites where we post this document as the applicable Privacy
Policy, along with any related websites, networks, applications, insurance agent and representative services, and
communication channels (including online chat and telephone call centers), and other services provided by us:
You can learn about our commitment to privacy with this Policy describing how we collect, use, share and secure the
personal information you provide. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your
At eHealthInsurance, we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. To serve as your licensed insurance agent,
we will ask you to provide us with personal information about you. We use your personal information to help you find
and, if you choose to do so, apply for health insurance and other products that may be of interest to you and your
family. We only use and disclose your personal information in accordance with our Policy. Additionally, we use
industry-leading technologies to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us.
Throughout this Policy, we refer to information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name,
phone number, email address, Social Security number or credit card number, as “personal information”.
Further, personal information includes any information about your health or medical history that you may provide us
in a health insurance application or any financial or other sensitive personal information that you may provide us
in an application to obtain an advanced premium tax credit (or “subsidy”) determination from the government. If you
provide information directly to one of our partners or any other third party, then your information would be
or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute
resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
1. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process. We may disclose or report your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, to protect our rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to otherwise respond to a government request.
Outside of these exceptions, we will not sell, trade or share your personal information with third parties.
2. We collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to process your insurance application and to serve you better.
- As is true of most web sites, we may gather certain information automatically or systematically and store it in log files. This information may include aggregate demographic information such as the number of visitors to our website from a particular state or browser information such as browser type, device type, geographic region, IP address, and other non-directly identifying information. We may combine this automatically or systematically collected data with other information we collect about you. We may do this to improve or optimize our services, marketing, analytics, site functionality, service offerings, or for other business needs.
- The strict restrictions we have in place for personal information do not necessarily apply to non-directly identifying information. Because non-directly identifying information is designed to not directly identify individuals, if we change the way we use such information after we have collected it, we may be unable to contact you to notify you of such change.
- We use non-directly identifying information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve our websites and the services we offer you, and we may disclose this information to third parties.
- We maintain generally accepted standards for physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
- For a more detailed discussion of the electronic safeguards on our website, please see below.
- Upon request eHealthInsurance will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you otherwise want to correct, update or delete your personal information held by us, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail atCustomer Service, eHealthInsurance.com 11919 Foundation Place Suite 100 Gold River, CA 95670.
Additionally, you may update your name, email address and password by clicking on the “Sign in” or “My Account” link on this website and signing in using your email address and password. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Please note that once your application has been submitted to your chosen health insurance company or any other relevant party (such as the federal government in the case of an application involving advanced premium tax credits) you may have to contact the insurance company or such other party directly to update your application.
- If we are going to use your personal information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on the website prior to the change becoming effective. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner.
- If we make any material changes to our personal information privacy practices that do not affect the personal information already stored in our database, we will notify users of the change in the privacy portion of our website. We may not be able to contact you regarding any change in use or disclosure of your non-directly identifying information because non-directly identifying information is designed to prevent us from being able to do so.
- We may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service and/or to inform you of additional products and services.
- If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at email@example.com.
- If you want to opt out of these surveys and/or notices, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail atCustomer Service, eHealthInsurance.com 11919 Foundation Place Suite 100 Gold River, CA 95670
- Please note that you will still receive communications from us regarding your insurance quote, application, policy or advanced premium tax credit even if you opt out of receiving our surveys and/or notices of additional products and services.
Additional Information About Privacy and Security at eHealthInsurance
Cookies or similar technologies are used by us and our business and marketing partners, affiliates, and/or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering this and other sites, tracking users’ movements around this site and other sites, customizing content on this and other sites, and gathering information about our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
Any time you enter or provide personal information and sensitive information (such as credit card number and social security number) in our website, we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. To support this technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. eHealthInsurance recommends using encryption at least as strong as the 128-bit encryption available in browsers such as recent versions of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer or Google’s Chrome browser. These browsers will activate SSL automatically whenever you begin shopping for a plan on our website and when you return to our website to complete an application.
In most browsers, you will see either a locked padlock or a key icon to indicate your session connection is taking place via a secure server. This icon indicates you are visiting a secure area within a website.
If you need a strong encryption browser, you can go to the Microsoft website or the Google website to download the latest Internet Explorer or Chrome browser. We do not recommend the use of beta browser versions.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
The password you enter when you begin an application on our website is your private entry key into your application. You should never share it with anyone.
If you forget your password, we can send your password through email (provided that you gave us your email address as your user ID when you created an account on our website) or we can help you retrieve your password by calling us toll free at 800-977-8860 or contacting us through the chat function on our website.
For security reasons to guard the safety of your data, access to this website is limited to SSL-capable browsers such as recent versions of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer or Google’s Chrome. Under no circumstance should you use any software, program, application or any other device to access or log-in to the eHealthInsurance website, or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring or transmitting any content to or from our computer systems, website or proprietary software.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links you are “clicking” to another website. eHealthInsurance is not responsible for the information privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these linked websites as their information privacy practices may differ from ours.
11919 Foundation Place, Suite 100, Gold River, CA 95670
This website and its contents are for informational purposes only. Nothing on the website should ever be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult with your medical provider regarding diagnosis or treatment for a health condition, including decisions about the correct medication for your condition, as well as prior to undertaking any specific exercise or dietary routine.
The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Contact may be made by an insurance agent/producer or insurance company. eHealthInsurance Services, Inc. is not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
eHealth’s Medicare website is operated by eHealthInsurance Services, Inc., a licensed health insurance agency.